Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The Gratitude Challenge



On any given day you can turn your television on to the local news and hear about all the terrible things that are happening in our communities and around the world. You will hear reports about murders, robberies; wars, the declining real estate market....oh, and don't forget "the recession". After receiving this type of news it's a normal pattern to get into the habit of complaining. Has this ever happened to you?
Have you ever had a day, days, or even weeks were you complained about everything? :-) I have! As a youth speaker, I try to focus on information that will benefit students and teachers however, this post can benefit all.  It's so easy to complain about school, friends, parents, kids, neighbor’s yard, traffic, your job, co-workers or your boss. If this is you, instead of complaining I would like to encourage you to be thankful. I realize that having an attitude of gratitude will improve your daily productivity dramatically.    
Here are just a few of the things I’m thankful for. I’m thankful for waking up this morning. Many people fell asleep last night, but did not wake up. I’m thankful for the ability to read and write this post. Several people in the world will not be able to read this blog because of blindness or a mental condition. I’m thankful for my family. Thousands of people do not have families to share the holidays with. Lastly, I’m thankful for the opportunity to provide for my family. Millions of individuals are unemployed. I can name hundreds of things to be thankful for, these are just a few. What are you thankful for? http://youtu.be/_-jBv7xF0i0 


No comments:

Post a Comment